Tool change required

Hello, i am new to running a CNC but i have a question?
i set the machine up went through the manual and all works BUT, i did something after first initializing the bit setter. I then tried to set the tool on the wood and now every time i initialize the machine it goes through the homing then goes to the center north asks for tool change. When i hit resume it goes to the SE corner and the Z drops until it bottoms out and i have to shut it down. Any idea how to reset the bitsetter and or homing?

Thanks

Have you redone the steps in the back of the instruction manual?

Power up, connect to the machine, go to Settings (do not Initialize), then clear the checkbox for the BitSetter, disabling it. That will then allow you to initialize the machine and then configure it.

1 Like

As Will said you turn BitSetter OFF. Then jog to the position that centers the bit on the BitSetter and set that as the position of your BitSetter. Then turn on the BitSetter and the procedure will work.

Here is the installation manual location and the procedure is on page 9. https://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/bitsetter/bitsetter.pdf

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help i did work

Thanks very helpful and i did get it to work

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.