Tool diameter incorrect in fusion nc file

Has anyone ever seen the wrong tool get included in a fusion nc file? When reviewing my manufacturing setups, I saw that I had the wrong tool (1/4 end mill) in the operation (I had already created an nc file. So I edited the operation to change to 1/8 end mill. Created a new nc file. Went to my shapeoko, loaded the file and all the holes were too small. I looked at the file and it still said 1/4 end mill in the file even though the operation shows it was a 1/8 end mill.

Anyone ever see this or know how to avoid (besides never making the mistake of having the wrong end mill selected)? :slight_smile:

When you generated the file a second time, did you give it a different name?

Honestly, since I’ve slept I re-read my post and cannot remember if I actually had an NC file created (with the wrong tool) or not.I don’t think that I actually had an NC file created. I was reviewing all the different operations from Fusion and happened to notice the wrong tool was in place for one of the operations.

So, I edited the operation, created an NC file and sent that to the CNC. After that, I ran the code on the CNC, the holes were too small and I looked at the code and saw the wrong tool was used in the code.

I’m pulling the image down for now.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.