Tool not displaying in Preview

Using Motion build 572 and Fusion 360 for design. Just generated five new cut files from Fusion this morning. They all are built the same way I build all my files. For some reason, one of these files shows a preview of the tool used when I open it in Motion, but none of the others do. I opened some older files and they also show a tool used.
Showing with tool.

Showing without tool.

Wondering why this might happen and if it’s going to throw an error when I try to run it. These two files are from the same Fusion project, just different layers of the same ultimate piece.

Just tested it on the 2 minute cut shown above. Supposed to be an O flute 1/4" plastic cutter, but it didn’t prompt for a tool change. In the Run Job window, next to the Status line it currently says “MANUAL TOOL CHANGE TO T12” but it hasn’t run the gantry up to the front to prompt for that tool change or measurement. It did know to ask me to set the spindle speed to 18000 RPM. It’s like it knows there should be a tool, but it doesn’t know it has to do anything with it.

This post might have the solution. I’ll have to give it a try, but it still doesn’t really tell me why it generated a tool change for one file and not for another, if the tool is exactly the same.

Yep, turns out that post had it right. Gotta uncheck “Manual tool change” in your settings in Fusion. Not sure why, but there you go. Looks like a quite recent update as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.