Touch Plate production?

I checked the store today and the status is “sold out.” Phew! Glad I was on that list to receive an e-mail when they became available. Hoping to have mine by this coming Wednesday!!!

1 Like

Got my “Your probe has shipped!” email this afternoon and am looking forward to trying it out.

1 Like

Probes are back in stock right now.

5 Likes

As promised, my probe arrived yesterday. To a finer point, UPS delivered it last night at around 9:30 PM!! Man! This is going to be a long 8 hours at work!!!
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Ordered mine last night, hopefully it will be quick delivery

1 Like

I wanna say it took less than 7 days to get mine. Received it this past Wednesday and installed it last night. LED works properly buy I’ve not had a chance to actually use it. We’re getting pounded with rain in H-Town. Hopefully it’ll lighten up a bit I’ll get to try it out this weekend.

I’ve got to say that I’ve been battling flooding, my workshop was partially flooded 3 times this year and we have rain again but with the ground finally thawed snow is mostly melted and water level down, I should not have anymore problems this year. I was able to keep damages to a minimum but it took a lot of work. This is the first time we had water ever. We still have a few issues to deal with but we should go back to our regularly scheduled program soon.

Ewweee! And you had to deal with ice and snow?! I take back what I said about our rain! Seriously though, glad y’all fared well through all of that. Happy probin’ and carvin’ brother.

1 Like

Gotta love UPS… I got my notification that the touch probe has been delivered… it was left at the dock and signed off by Ben.

Only problem is my house doesn’t have a loading dock and I do not know any Bens.

Talked with customer service that is located on the other side of the world and at the moment I do not have any warm and fuzzies that its ever going to be delivered to the proper location.

3 Likes

Those guys! I’ve had several of those and the item ends up being delivered the next day. I’ve had it happen once though that the package couldn’t be delivered because it was a “bad address.” I’ve been living at the same address for 17 years! The power company and everybody else sure know how to get their bills to me!!!

Hope your item shows up tomorrow. I think those guys see that they’ll miss a quota or something and just fake it until they can make it.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent!!

1 Like

Hey Mack…did your touch probe ever show up?

Yes - I had to go pick it up myself from UPS but at least I received it. Actually I am trying to hook it up and test it right now. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

The touch probes were out of stock for a long time. I added my name to the wait list and was emailed that they were available. I ordered right then and got my sometime last week. (I was out of town). The UPS man left in a large plastic box I have by my gate. The probe hooked up easily and worked. So if they go out of stock sign up for notification and order when notified.

2 Likes

Same here. Mine arrived after only about seven days I think. It was a very easy installation and the thing works great! It has taken care of many of those pesky tool marks that came from having to change bits. I admit…I made the rookie mistake of setting a Z only probe by setting the probe on the cutting material as though I were doing an X Y Z probe. Of course it cut too deep. It only took that one time! It’s been working for me flawlessly when I use it correctly.

2 Likes

hehe i’m glad I am not the only one that wasn’t paying attention to the pictures/instruction with the touch probe!

dang instructions! they get us every time! everything would be a lot easier if they worked like we think they should!

Where’s the best place to attach the ground wire clip?

The gator clip should go on the shaft of the endmill (unpainted portion). As for attaching the other end of the gator clip? Any bolt that grounds to the frame, I used the screw for one of the belt clips. You can use the light on the probe to find a grounded point (probe needs to be plugged in).

1 Like

Put mine at:

2 Likes

I put mine where Nathan Woodruff put his, on the belt bracket. That will give me the maximum cable length to zero any where on the Shapeoko XXL base. I also put a small holder on the front of my table to hold the probe and clip.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.