Transition between tool paths causes bit to travel through material

Here is the fusion file cutting out 8 of the same pucks with 2 different toolpaths and it worked perfectly

MPCNC PUCK CUTOUT FULL.nc (2.0 MB)

That is a very different post processor, G1 and feed rate on every line, no rapids to be found. I have not tried any of the other posts that Carbide Create supports but you may want to export a basic for comparison. I think they are almost the same. You might want to try post processing the file to change the G0 to G1 moves for the Z retractions and add G1 and feed rate for each line to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Is the depth of cut correct after that point?

1 Like

Yes the depth of cut is correct after the cut.

Well, then I’ll say this has something to do with the Duet firmware.
Maybe add an M3 before the spindle speed commands? Or remove them like @scarecrow1120 said.
Do you need the M453 command?

This might not be the right forum to find help. Not because we’re not a helpful bunch, but because almost everyone here uses Grbl.

Carbide Create (still) doesn’t allow the customization of post processors, so you’ll have to have edit the gcode of that ends up being the issue.

1 Like

I will try an few of the recommendations here but as I have been finding out Duet does not play as nice as I would have hoped in this CNC world.
Might have to look at another option for the controller in the future.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.