Triquetra touch probe not working. Solution

If you are suddenly having problems with your Triquetra-CNC touch probe, you might find the following interesting.

I would like to commend Charley for his excellent service.

David Clark

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 7:26 PM dclark wrote:
It works! Thank you.

I’ll put a brief post on the Carbide forum.

David

On 2020-04-04 6:58 PM, Charley Thomas wrote:
Give this a try. If you have any problems with it let me know. If it works ok, please feel free to post on the carbide forum and I will edit others as well.

It’s All About Zero’s
Charley Thomas

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 6:55 PM dclark wrote:
Thank you very much for your quick response. Good work on coming up with a temporary fix in such a short time. I am certainly willing to revert to version 413 if it will get me going again. If you can edit the code I sent you, please proceed. If you need anything else, please let me know.
David

On 2020-04-04 5:21 PM, Charley Thomas wrote:
You are the second person that reported this to me. I worked with the first guy both on the phone and with a internet connection between my pc and his. We did get it working correctly but to do so he had to revert back to version 413 with carbide motion. That resolved the carbide motion part of the problem. However it left a problem that was apparently due to the Windows update as well. I was able to resolve that with a little code editing and now his works correctly. If you want to do the same then I can get you going again that way. I am trying to figure out what the deal is with the windows update still though.

If you want to revert back to version 413 and have me edit your code I will be happy to do that for you. This would be a temp fix until I resolve the second issue with windows.

It’s All About Zero’s
Charley Thomas

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 4:52 PM dclark wrote:
Hello Charley

The AHK script that I have been using on my Shapeoko XXL for months has stopped working for reasons I do not understand. Since it last worked properly, a couple of things have happened which might be significant. Windows 10 was updated and Carbide Motion was updated to the latest version 513. Unfortunately, both of these updates were applied sequentially.

The script commands are visible as they are being sent to the MDI window but the cutter does not respond properly. It moves in inappropriate directions and does not zero. In an attempt to fix this, I used Windows restore to back out the Windows update and I reinstalled the previous version of Carbide Motion. This caused somewhat different, but still inappropriate behaviour. I also tried installing the latest version of Auto Hotkey. No improvement.

I have attached a zip file of the AHK Gcode script that used to work.

This problem has me baffled and I would appreciate and suggestions.

David Clark

1 Like

I have attached a PDF file with instructions on how to temporarily fix 3 axis zeroing with the Triquetra Touch Plate in Carbide Motion that quit working with the last update to version 5xx. The cause for the error is that when Carbide Motion was updated the button on the MDI Screen that sends commands can no longer be activated with the Enter Key and requires a left mouse button click to send the commands. The AHK script generated by the Triquetra Tool Box does not control your mouse but does enter the codes and sends a Enter Key command to that button. Since the Enter key is ignored now, the script no longer works as is.

So, reverting Carbide Motion back to version 413 resolves that part of the problem but introduces another issue. If you have 413 installed then there is a new tab stop on the MDI Screen. It is a the bottom left of the MDI screen indicating that there is an update available. The AutoHotKey script is not aware of the additional tab stop and everything gets out of sync. The provided instructions will remedy that by adding a tab command where needed and you will then be able to use 3 axis zeroing just as before. If you aren’t comfortable editing the AHK file then you can email it to me and I will make the changes for you and send it back.

CM Fix.pdf (665.6 KB)

It’s All About Zero’s
Charley Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.