"Turbo" jogging speed

Just wondering if anyone at Carbide 3D (@robgrz) has given any more consideration to implementing a “Turbo” jog speed in a future iteration of Carbide Motion? Jogging on an XXL is frustrating at best.

2 Likes

I’ve found the rapid positions to be helpful in getting me closer, fast.

5 Likes

If you could get Rapid and jogging on the same screen it would reduce the number of clicks and feel more like a turbo…right now you have to constantly switch back and forth.

That being said, having the multiple dedicated tabs limits some confusion with the software and do it is probably a good thing.

2 Likes

I agree. I think that the zeros and jogging being on different b screens gets me the most. I always forget to switch.

2 Likes

I know there are work arounds for the jogging speed limitation, but they require computer and joystick input. It should be fairly easy to add a “high” speed selection to Carbide Motion. There is already a .025mm, .25mm, 1mm and Fast so one more step to Faster should be simple and it would eliminate the computer input to streamline workflow

The only problem with adding a “high speed” is that you could manually wack your router into the gantry and crazy high speeds which probably isn’t good for the machine.

And while an experienced user would be more careful…as a newer user trying to figure this thing out, it would happen all the time.

2 Likes

In older versions of CM there was “Fast”. I personally miss that option. But to be honest I did use it to accidentally adjust my material out of wack hitting a clamp a few times. :smiley:

Working in aerospace machining, I’ve seen more than a few tools fall victim to the side of a vise during jogging. :smiley:

1 Like

Patience, patience and more patience. :smiley:

1 Like

If you are in that big of a hurry, maybe you should have started earlier…

I’ve requested both of these features officially. Never heard back on them.

1 Like

I think it would be great if we could save favorites for the rapid screen. I generally start in the same location, since I built a fence and usually start in the front left corner.

2 Likes

Ernie…I like that idea a lot. You should make that request in the Feature Request category for CM!

1 Like

A note about stepper motors…Faster moves cost the loss of torque. Try moving it too fast and it may miss steps.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.