Uncheck Bitsetter but remember Z-Height request

I usually run my cuts with Bitsetter turned on in the settings but if I then want to turn off Bitsetter I think it should remember the Z position. Having to turn Bitsetter off in the options menu and then re-setting Z is redundant. As it is now the Z-Axis will go straight up and ignore the limit switch and grind away (also I would like to request the system watch for limit switch triggers regardless of direction).

Unfortunately, when using the BitSetter, the Z-axis height is calculated as an offset — turning off the BitSetter removes that offset calculation requiring that Z be re-zeroed.

The switches are set up and enabled as homing switches only — they aren’t shielded, so aren’t suited to use as limit switches. If you wish, you can replace the wiring w/ shielding, then enable limit switches in Grbl, but that’s not a supported configuration.

Thanks Will. I did not know about the shielding (that’s over my head) I wont be replacing any wiring…I’d like to see my SOPro live a long and happy life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.