Undocumented connector

I just received a new Shapeoko 3 XXL two days ago. I was looking at the control board and noticed there is a set of connectors on the right side that don’t seem to be documented. Sorry I don’t have a picture of my machine, but here is a picture showing the LACK of that connector on previous models. Does anyone have any info on what the new connector is for?

lpe-5

Actually, I tracked down this image that shows the new connector. Sorry, it’s not very clear, but it’s helpful.

Looks like the USB port to your computer.

No, the USB port is by the power connector on the other end, this looks like the connector where the bit setter and Touch Probe go. The alternate power connector in white is just below it.

I was considering making a hole there because it’s a bit crowded with the circuit board to attach both the Touch Probe and Bit Setter.

After looking at some other pictures of prior boards, it looks like this connector is likely coming from the PWM, GND, and 24V locations on the right of the board. Here is a link to the wiki showing what I’m talking about. https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Spindle_Control

This looks likely. I wonder if that’s C3D’s first step to announcing support for a spindle of their own :slight_smile:
@luc.onthego here’s a nugget for your product speculation thread !

1 Like

Or a laser… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Technically, yes, but that is most probably not going to happen:

and I think it’s a very wise decision from C3D. These things are DANGEROUS (eye safety), and the liability risks alone would make it a bad idea. Partnering with someone who already sells safe lasers (think JTech) could make sense though.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.