Upgrade to new version of carbide creat

Okay I’m thinking of upgrading to the newest version of Carbide Creat. My hesitation is I have just become comfortable with the version I am using. Who has upgraded and can give some impute on how much different it is. Would it be like starting all over again? I’m currently using version 431.

Big differences:

• no more automatic feeds and speeds
  • new tool format

You can review the changes at: https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/download/

Mostly it’s the same, save for the much nicer curated feeds and speeds and nifty CSV files for tooling.

1 Like

Willadams,

Since no more auto feeds and speeds. Does that mean you have to set them manually for each cutter.

You pick them from a curated list.

We currently have:

• Acrylic
  • Aluminum
  • Hardwood
  • HDPE
  • MDF
  • Polycarbonate
  • Softwood

More coming as they are worked up.

I tried the new version but I found it to be confusing. I too had just become comfortable with 431. I decided to go back to 431.

Thinking I might download it on another computer and play around with some before I put it on my shop laptop.

1 Like

How come all the nomad bits are not listed in the library anymore?:frowning:

Which version are you using and what Nomad endmills are you not seeing in what context?

Could you post a screengrab?

Hey Will, thanks for your reply. I think there are a couple missing. The one I need now is #122.

Sorry, I don’t see them in the library anywhere:(

Hmm, ok, so I select all machine and all material and it shows up:) So # 122 isn’t recommended for aluminum?

Yes, the #122 should work well in aluminum — we just haven’t released a set as a part of Carbide Create’s tool files.

Please see:

Great, thanks Will! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.