Using GRBL to calibrate X and Y

Hi All-

I’m using a popular guide <tinyurl.com/y7s4dbhg> to calibrate X and Y dimensions on my Classic Nomad 883. As the guide is not Nomad specific I’m also following the Carbide Motion FAQ on ‘default GRBL settings’ <tinyurl.com/yajgwkgf>. In step 5 of this guide it says ‘From the info pane, you can load the default Values by pressing ⌘+1 (ctl+1 on windows). You will see the values begin to scroll through the log on the right’. The accompanying image shows that this instruction refers to an earlier version of Carbide Motion. In the current version of this software (v. 4.0.416) this does not work.
Grateful if anyone could explain to me how to find the current X and Y (at $100 and $101, respectively using the latest version of Carbide Motion

Stay Safe and Black Lives Matters!

-Peter

Hi @plundh,

Yeah CM UI has evolved quite a lot since then (FYI the latest is v5, here)

To dump the current GRBL param values, send $$ from the MDI tab after having opened the Log window (from the Settings menu), and all $xxx values will show up there.

To modify one parameter, send for example $100=39.95 from the MDI input line

3 Likes

HI JULIEN-

(REPLIES IN BOLD)

Yeah CM UI has evolved quite a lot since then (FYI the latest is v5, here)
VERSION 5 - HOLY MOLY! I’M DL’ING AS I WRITE. THANKS!

To dump the current GRBL param values, send $$ from the MDI tab after having opened the Log window (from the
Settings menu), and all $xxx values will show up there.
YUP, THAT WORKED

To modify one parameter, send for example $100=39.95 from the MDI input line
YEP, THAT ALSO WORKS!

HOORAY - I NOW FEEL LIKE A CERTIFIED NOMAD!

THANKS MUCH FOR QUICK REPLY!

-PETER :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will be interested how it works out and what changes you make from the default values - keep us updated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.