V Carve Issue with punching holes and jagged lines

Hi all! I tried several Facebook groups to get answers but kind of fizzled out. I’ve tried several different things but can’t quite figure out this v carve situation.

I did an advanced v carve for this job with 1/16” down cut and a 60° bit. The depth was .125 and its was cutting around letters and messing everything up. See the letters for example.

So I adjusted down to .08 for the next test but I still get the v bit punching holes in the corners of everything. Letters/logos can be 2-4” tall and I still get it. Am I doing the wrong fonts? I see people using v carved on similar fonts all the time so I’m hesitant to think that’s it.

This is of the second test with the v bit just punching random holes in the edges of the logo.

Have you done this successfully before with this bit and Advanced V-Carve, or is this the first attempt?

Confirming your bit geometry might be a good thing to check, but I would also say post your *.c2d file if you can for a second set of eyes. You can zip it if it’s too large.

1 Like

You can also link to Google Drive if your file is too big.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.