Vacumm Recommendation - Please

Thanks Max,one thing that is very obvious is I need to get one of those dust deputy cyclones.

1 Like

They have just the top piece for $49.00 use your own buckets.

I just saw this for the first time:
Amazon.com: Dewalt Separator with 10 Gal Stainless Steel Tank, 99.5% Efficiency, High-Performance Cycle Powder Filter, Dust Cyclone Collector, DXVCS003, White : Tools & Home Improvement

I have an Onieda Dust Deputy and it works well but the only thing is the hose routing makes the thing very top heavy and must be secured or it will fall over. A lot of people make a cart with the vac and dust deputy together by stacking them. The Dewalt one looks like it is stable because of t he weight and the wheels but still has to be attached in some way to the vac to keep them together.

Even better than the Onieda Dust Deputy of the Super Dust Deputy Onieda makes for a 4, 5 or 6 inch full size system. I have that with the barrel they make and my dust collector filter bag is spotless until the barrel gets over 75% full. Then dust escapes from the barrel and you start to see dust in the bag and you know it is time to clean out the barrel.

4 Likes

I just use a normal dewalt shop vac attached to a Oneida Cyclone. I have run it for a couple of hours on a job and no issues haven’t pushed it crazy long though

I’m just getting started too and was wondering the same thing, did some YouTube searching and I think the simplest but efficient DIY cyclone is done by this guy. Take a look:

How to Make a Simple Cyclone Dust Collector - YouTube

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.