Vcarve suddenly plunging

I’m running the same settings for Vcarve that I’ve run multiple times. But now it’s suddenly plunging deeper on random letters. Any idea as to what’s happening here?

Another photo for reference.

Which Z-axis do you have?

Just the standard that came with my Shapeoko 3 when I purchased it about a year ago.

About a year ago was the change from Belt Drive to Z-Plus — which do you have?

I have the belt drive.

My v carve started plunging as well. Starts that I have done multiple times are coming out like garbage. The only thing that I have done recently was the carbide create and carbide motion updates. I am still trying to figure it out.

Same here. I’ve been getting strange results after updating to the new version of carbide create.

Please check the machine mechanically.

esp. the belt and tension bolt.

It sounds like with the update in CM, you might have to confirm the correct Z-Axis and send the correct config file?

1 Like

Yeah, I think you’re right, Brian. This could certainly be the issue.

It’s caught plenty of people out recently when upgrading.

I you have the wrong axis selected in CM and haven’t sent the configuration, the axis might moving further than normal… so a movement of 1mm might become 1.5mm.

This sort of difference is particularly noticeable in VCarve toolpaths where shapes get wider the deeper you cut.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.