VCRUNTIME140 error

I purchaced a windows laptop to run CM. Ive been using CM on my Mac with no problems. When I went to run CM on the Windows machine I am getting an error message.
“The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.” So i close the error message and get another one.
“The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.” So I close this one. The next error that appears is the second error. After closing this message the first error message appears again. Then after closing that all errors go away. The program never runs. I tried installing the latest CM again and the errors repeat.

For MSVCP140.dll missing see: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

For more recent versions try: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads — note that it may be necessary to install both x86 and 64-bit versions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.