Vectric VCarve?

Perhaps you could ask that same question on the Vectric forum. You might get more info. Don’t you think?

2 Likes

@LWSIV Well, they offer a free trial version. I hear it is laden with some kind of nag screen but you can look through all the features for free.
@CrookedWoodTex I’m not a member there.

It’s easy enough to join, just like here. That way you could find out stuff from users without the unsubstantiated hearsay.

1 Like

@CrookedWoodTex
In the original post of this thread, the poster asked a question about “Vectric VCarve”.
The question was,

I answered with a considerable option in direct response to the question poised.
Since the question was asked here, why would I answer it at vectric?

4h

$700 for vcarve pro, $2,000 for aspire. Pay for annual subscription and upgrades?

There is no annual fee.

I bought V-Carve Pro two years ago and have used it almost daily, I still haven’t used all the features that come with it. When I feel suitably “qualified” in its use I will only have to pay the difference between V-Carve Pro and Aspire, to upgrade to Aspire.

As far as I am concerned I just use Vectric to design all my work. I don’t have the time to learn Pixelcnc and Lightburn as well.

If you are happy with CC then my advice is to stick with it. Horses for courses!

I watched a review video of PixelCNC. It does look capable but totally foreign compared to CC or Vectric. One of the things I liked about the move from CC to Vectric was the similarity of interface and workflow. The learning curve during the transition was not difficult. If I was starting from scratch without a couple of years of CC under my belt or if I was coming from an illustrator back ground PixelCNC may be more compelling. Vectric had their own and @neilferreri provided post processors so I didn’t have any loss of functionality that a generic Gerbil PP would impose as far as bit zero and bit setter are concerned. Carbide 3D has probably the best community I have seen, Vectric also has a good community and there is a wealth of knowledge available in both to help keep you inspired, learning, and making chips. At the end of the day this is a hobby for me, I want to get the most bang for the buck and my time is valuable. Getting more features and a relatively small learning curve, even with an expensive initial cost, was worth it to make my shop time enjoyable. Is Vectric the best, I can’t say, it works very well for me and I don’t have the time or energy to explore every possible software package. I look forward to hearing how you make out with PixelCNC. I’m not opposed to having many options in my toolbox, I just need to hit a limitation with my current tools before I start looking for another.

4 Likes