Very Very Expensive

I never imagined it can be that much.

McMaster is usually not the cheapest for things like that. What do you need it for?

I had no idea they existed. But the idea of having to hook up an air compressor just to run the machine…nope, that’s not for me.

For some reason I find it humorous…, the ad states “they glide smoothly and silently without wearing over time.”
Yet, they also carry “Replacement Bearings”…,

Screenshot (6)

2 Likes

Actually, I’m looking for the item in the attached image, for a project I’m working on.

I believe the prices in the McMaster Carr catalogue are there for use when preparing your cost plus bid for the US DoD

4 Likes

This is the part number I’m looking for 21550-161002. Any recommendations before I order it and pay 160 Euro for it?

What’s the requirement?

These would appear to be lubricant (and therefore contaminant) free, assuming the air supply is also clean and oil-free but there are various grades of linear rail with pretty low sliding friction (zero preload HiWin for example) with very long and well understood wearout lifetimes.

2 Likes

Hey the cost of fun keeps going up and up and up.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.