Viewing an exported SVG file from Carbide Create V6

Hi all, new to the Shapeoko, Carbide Create, and CNC’s in general. I see in Carbide Create there is an export SVG file. This seems to work, as it imports back into Carbide Create perfectly. However, if I try to view the image in a web browser I get this message followed by a bunch of code: “This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.” I don’t see any way to alter the export data. Is it possible to export the design file into SVG so it can be viewed in a web browser? Trying to easily share the design file with someone who doesn’t have the ability to import it back into CAD environment for viewing. Thanks!

CC exports broken SVGs. I reported this ages ago, no change since then.

EDIT Fixed in CC V7.

SVG’s are just text files. You can add the needed info yourself just by opening in any text editor. Just make sure it has the SVG extension when you are done.

Actually, I stand corrected - the problem has been fixed in CC V7. As such, it is unlikely to be fixed in V6 ever.

1 Like

Thanks, Michael! I will give it a try in V7, I have both installed, but have been using V6 more. Didn’t think to try both. Understood on V6 never getting fixed at this point, wouldn’t make any sense for them to spend the resources on it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.