We need some feedback! Quick survey on vacuum fittings

I agree. One of the reasons I purchased the Shapeoko was because it was “made in the USA” so why they designed a dust boot that fits European adapters is beyond me. Don’t get me wrong. I love my XXL and they could have put a “Made in the USA” sticker on the actual machine. The Sweepy boot is great and the support recommended the Bosch VOC 020 - which fits (albeit it is a concentric adapter where an eccentric one would fit better). Maybe Shapeoko can make one and sell it - But make it eccentric.

I have a Craftsman Tracksaw which uses the same size vacuum adapters, so there’s some usage of this size fitting on this side of the pond from other American brands.

Copy that. Perhaps Shapeoko could make their own adapters inBOTH European and American standard fittings. Wonder what the marketing guys think about that?

In the mean time I’m happy with the suggested Bosch VOC020 and VERY happy with my XXL and the customer support.

It would seem to be relatively easy to make the boot with a larger (2.5" - 3") aperture port and then some step-down rings to fit inside and reduce to the OD of other size hoses.

Given the market, perhaps the step down rings could be supplies as some free to download CAD files for 3D Printing or CNC machining from plastic stock?

As per the comments above, I’ve printed any number of hose size adaptors, FDM printed parts generally work best when they’re in compression where layer boundary weakness isn’t an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.