Last night I ran a 3D carve using a model I had designed. As you can see by the pictures, there’s something going on, probably on the Z axis. This was a 3D Finish pass with Vcarve v10 after a roughing pass.
Any thoughts on what I’m looking for, or where I might start?
Looks like an issue w/ tram/squaring.
Work from large–small:
- level the table the machine is on
- level the endplates to the table
- level the extrusions and ensure that they are parallel to each other and plumb
- level the gantry and ensure it is square to the extrusions and plumb
- ensure that the carriage is level and square to the gantry and plumb
- check that the spindle mount and spindle are level and plumb
- tram the spoilboard — as an exception, do this last
There’s a bit more on this we can send you from the support e-mail, but that’s pretty much it. It can be a maddening tail-chasing thing, but if each successive iteration involves smaller adjustments you’ll get there.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.