Got my SO3 XXl last week and am absolutely loving it! I ran into my first issue today though when my computer lost connection with the cutter. Not sure how, it happened either. I was running some parts through my table saw to pass time while the SO3 did its thing and both times i was running the saw, the machine lost connection. No circuits tripped and nothing turned off, just lost connections, so odd.
The question though is what to leave in my Gcode to restart this from the point it lost the connection. I am using NCviewer to edit it, but i know i need to leave certain parts in the beginning of the code and can delete whatever else until i get to the line i need to start at again. here is the file with the code if that helps. Thanks!
cubs 2.nc (761.9 KB)
- note what line the machine is currently sending (or determine where it was by measuring the deepest area correctly cut)
- pause, then stop the job and shut things down
- open up the G-Code file in a text editor
- identify the preamble and copy it — see G-Code and https://docs.carbide3d.com/software-faq/grbl-g-code-definitions/ for the details of the codes
- go to the line # noted above
- scroll up from there until you find a move down from safety height
- delete everything from the line above that line to the beginning of the file
- paste in the preamble at the beginning
- save under a new name
Your preview is:
(Design File: /Users/jordanlambert/Desktop/CNC/Cubs.c2d)
(stockMin:0.00mm, 0.00mm, -50.80mm)
(stockMax:304.80mm, 304.80mm, 0.00mm)
(STOCK/BLOCK,304.80, 304.80, 50.80,0.00, 0.00, 50.80)
(Move to safe Z to avoid workholding)
This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.