What upgrade do I need

Okay I’m thinking of upgrading my CC currently I’m running 431. I’m not going to get the HDZ or z plus. I have just gotten to be able to use and understand 431 so I don’t want to down load the newest CC. Would like to progress slowly. So my questions is what version should I upgrade to?

474 is the last of the “same UI style” if you want to keep changes to a minimum.
I don’t remember if 431 had the pro modelling stuff yet, but advanced vcarve is a nice feature in the late 400 series carbide create… I use it a LOT.
The 500 series has been getting a lot of work on making the UI more solid… so you could consider just making the jump to the latest.

2 Likes

A further wrinkle is that 514 was just moved up to stable, so there’s no beta and 474 is no longer available.

I’d suggest just moving to CC5 — functionality is much the same, just the UI toolkit is a standard one, as opposed to the previous one (QTML?) so it works much the same, just better in some places.

It is however possible to install CC5xx alongside a previous version and switch back and forth, so no reason not to try it out.

If I decide to upgrade CC do I also need to upgrade CM?
Also in case you didn’t see my message about the Celtic cross yours was the best I sent you a pic of it. Thanks again

No, Carbide Create will create G-Code which will work with any version of Carbide Motion.

Thanks! Saw your message and the photo and liked it.

Every time I update CC or CM I keep a copy of the installer in a folder. If I need to regress I have the older versions available. I think this is a good idea in light of the warp speed that CC and CM are going through.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.