Windows 11 and Carbide Create

I recently got a laptop with windows 11 pre-installed and am having issues with Carbide Create. Every time I open the program it allows me to edit the file for a short amount of time and then freezes on me. I can still access the menu items and it saves any changes I was able to make while it was working, but I have to exit the program and open it back up before it will allow me to click on any vectors on my project. Anyone else have this issue? I have tried everything I can think of including running it in Compatibility mode for Win 7 and 8 and am still having issues.

CC Versions 648 and 743
Windows version: Windows 11 V. 22H2

There was one similar report on support. The customer stated:

I went into troubleshooting and ran a compatibility test and it detected an issue there. It fixed the issue and at this moment I am up and running again.

I have an HP I7 Laptop Windows 11 Home and it runs CC and CM just fine. When I first got the new laptop if I turned the Shapeoko off with CM running it would crash my laptop. Several Winders updates later it does not do that any more.

Depending on your set up open task manager by hitting Ctrl Alt and Delete at the same and choose Task Manager. You can choose to keep Task manager on top in the options and just make it small but big enough to see the CPU, Memory and Disk. then start using your applications and see if something like cpu is 100% or maybe low memory or the disk is running at 100%. This is very likely a Winders problem. (FYI I hate Winders).

Same issue here on a new dell laptop with windows 11 Home. Not sure what to do.

Will try the trouble shooting suggestion, if it works I will try to post more details then “run troubleshooter” :roll_eyes:

No problem here

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎12/‎2/‎2022
OS build 22621.900
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.