I just got fine setting up my xxl 4. And turned it off and went back to my office to play around with create. And went back out to my shop and the cnc won’t power back on. No lights or anything. What happen? And one have any ideas.
There is a basic page on troubleshooting connection issues at: Can’t connect to machine or jog - Carbide 3D
Things to check:
- power supply plugged in — it lights up after being plugged in and stays lit with a steady light?
- power supply connected to machine and switched on — the in-line switch is small and easily missed (try toggling on/off a couple of times) SO4/Pro — machine power switch is switched on and lights up?
- machine boots up, controller lights up with power, lights flicker on/off, motors lock?
- machine connected to computer using USB — computer registers USB device? red/green/white lights on controller begin to blink signifying USB communication?
- How is the USB connection being made? 6’ or less is recommended, and poor quality adapters cables are known to be problematic
- Are there any conflicting devices in the USB Device Tree? Even a pair of Bluetooth speakers can conflict
Let us know what you find out at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist.
just got dune setting up my shapeoko 4 xxl. And decided do shut it down by useing the power button. And go use my laptop to try to make my fist test peace to cut. When I went back outside to my shop there no more blue light around the switch and no light in the control box. I tryed unplugging the power brick and plugging back in. And it still has power. The blue light is still on. On the power brick. Idk what happen I am at a loss. I don’t understand what I did wrong. Plz help!
Please let us know about this at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to assist.
When I built my Pro, I could not turn it off with the front power button, I had to use the inline switch. Turns out, when I installed the front right endplate, I had pinched the power wires, Maybe you could check your wiring there?
I haven’t see any I’ll have to check again in the morning. But as of right now I have a $2800 paper weight. Good times
This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.