WTB: V Carve Desktop or Pro

Looking for someone who is interested in selling a copy of VCarve Pro or VCarve Desktop.

Thanks!

Sorry… I love mine too much!

2 Likes

My recommendation unless you get a screaming deal is to buy a new copy of version 9.

Keep in mind there is a $50 license transfer fee, upgrading to v9 from an earlier version is listed on their website. The upgrades in 9 are worth the upgrade price. If you consider the license transfer fee and upgrade costs, it reduces your net cost of the product.

1 Like

What is the killer feature VCarve has that other free software doesn’t (thinking Fusion 360 here)?

Vcarve is worlds more intuitive and more user friendly than most any other software I have used. Most people once they use it don’t want to use any thing but Vcarve.

3 Likes

Notable nice features for Vectric Vcarve:

• depth limiting of Vcarves — no need for the chicanery which was needed for Carbide Create at: Help with vCarving a sign
  • paths use G2/G3 arcs, not a series of line segments, so cuts are smoother, and details crisper
  • calculation of toolpaths is more efficient, leading to shorter machining times
2 Likes

Anybody here use it with Nomad? Which post processor would you use for that? (Sorry–not meaning to hijack.)

It works fine with the Nomad. Information on it here: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Commercial_Software#2.5D_CAM

There’s a post-processor: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/File:Carbide3D-Nomad-Inch.pp.txt and installation instructions: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7329&p=57904

Awesome @WillAdams! Thanks!

The arc thing is good to know. I had those circular maze coasters I made some prototypes of that I keep meaning to revisit. It’s all curves so even a small improvement in quality should show up well.

2 Likes

If you are on the fence about it being worth your time then you can always download the free trial versions that will let you do everything but export the file to cut pretty much.

3 Likes

I use it alongside Fusion360, though I have Aspire, which is the higher end version with an unlimited work area and 3d modelling features.

I love it. so simple and really powerful, the toolpaths it creates are easy to set up, and must easier to get a correct, efficient toolpath. F360 will do great stuff, but it can take a lot of fiddling to get it right, and when you’re learning how it all works it takes some time.

My girlfriend jumped on Aspire and with only a small amount of instruction designed and produced toolpaths for a 2.5d Candle holder with a v-carved pattern on the top… in probably 20 minutes (including time spent on google looking for the picture she wanted on the candleholder). No other software I have seen is that easy to use, and gets great results as consistently

Hi, i have been learning the Nomad and love the machine. I am now at the point where I need to start creating my own models and I would like to use V carve. I have tried downloading the post processor for the nomad but I cant seem to transform it from .txt to .pp.
anybody has a tip on how to do that so I can load it to my V carve account.
thanks

Just change the filename — show filename extensions in your OS — contact Vectric tech support if you have difficulties with this.

Thanks Will, I had tried to change the name after downloading not on the download. it worked very nicely.

1 Like