X Limit Switch Broken. Where to buy new?

Crashed the machine and the X limit switch seems to be broken.

Where can I buy a new one? Or, are there any troubleshooting methods?

Thanks

Contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

The switches are available from:

You can contact Carbide 3D and they most likely send you a replacement (which I have done) but just to be safe I also ordered 5 of these just so I had spares in case my switch dies again. The ones I got don’t come with wires attached so you will have to solder the wires to them. If you don’t have a soldering iron, this won’t be a good option for you, but you could probably order some spares from Carbide

1 Like

I received a replacement from Carbide3d but I also purchased spares from digikey as well. As stated, you’ll have to solder the wires if you buy just the limit switch from a third party source.

To narrow down your issue to the limit switches, you can look at the control board. The blue LED just below the limit switch connectors on the board lights up when a limit switch is depressed. I had issues with my z-axis limit switch staying closed so my pictures are annotated for my z-axis; however, the same concept applies. When I unplugged the z-axis limit switch, the LED turned off.

4 Likes

What we need is a link to C3D’s part to buy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.