XXL End of Toolpath Position

Just got my XXL in December and have already overloaded myself with boat projects after building the full enclosure of course…

My question is this - I use Fusion 360, and Carbide Motion to drive the machine. At the end of every toolpath, the machine finishes in the back right corner. I do quite a few cuts with multiple size tools, so every time I have to bring the machine back out of the corner to change bits and probe.

Is there a way to have the machine end by moving up in Z and then just staying put?

Thanks in advance.

Edit the post-processor in Fusion 360 which you are using — Carbide Motion (recent versions anyway), interprets M30 as lift up and move straight back.

c.f., https://docs.carbide3d.com/tutorials/tool-change/

If you’re doing lots of multi-tool projects though, consider a BitSetter?

Thanks. I will give that a shot - just needed to know if the final position was dictated by the post-processor or was a feature in Carbide Motion.

The Bitsetter looks great - I just don’t have clearance off the front of my machine to mount it there, so I would have to figure out an alternative location. I assume the Bitsetter location is entirely programmable?

I believe you can set the BitSetter where you wish, so long as it’s secure.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.