Yet more issues with my VFD Spindle and SO5Pro

If you’ve had problems at the beginning of the warranty period, that is taken into account at the end and thereafter.

That’s great to hear.

I’m in C3Ds corner on all this. I’ve made a significant investment in this machine and really do want it to all work out.

1 Like

I’ve recently set my new Shapeoko 5 up with the spindle kit and must say that it was all packaged extremely well ,there was no assembly manual in boxes so just watched the video with Kevin and winston and it all went extremely well I then downloaded carbide create and motion ran the hello
World with the felt tip which even though it was only writing on a piece of paper I found strangely fascinating I then designed a project and was all set up to go when I noticed err04 on my spindle control
Panel which was now not responding in motion
I then found out that the spindle is 110 I had just assumed it was same as Shapeoko and there wasn’t anything to tell me otherwise maybe a yellow tag on
Cable would be a good idea anyway I’ve been onto c3d support and to be fair they have been really prompt with replies and have warned me that it could be damaged and could damage other components if
I now plug into 110 which makes sense but I just want to get up and running now can any of you guys
Offer your opinions on this matter please

We have your ticket open at support@carbide3d.com and will do our best to work with you there to work out how to handle this.

What voltage did you plug it into? Err04 is just the over voltage protection kicking in. The VFD box that C3D sells has MOV’s and a fuse on the input so I doubt anything is damaged. Mains circuitry is also isolated from low voltage.

Ah ok that sounds promising I originally just bought
2 US to UK adapter’s and plugged both in over now
Got a US to 110 converter haven’t tried it yet but was thinking as everything still ok when plugged into 240
It can’t do any worse on 110

You will need to use a 220V–110V step-down transformer — perhaps @Luke can recommend one since he lives in the UK.

FWIW, I use one (but it 110V–220V step-up mode) so as to use a Mafell FM 1000 WS — it’s fine, but I put it on a dedicated circuit along w/ my vacuum because it burned out a receptacle which was being used to bridge power for the receptacles in my basement.

Thanks for the support much appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.