Just had a second case of a non-stoppable movement with Carbide Motion (Mac OS, Current version). It happened as follows:
- set my X and Z to my piece of wood
- went down in Z and accidentally hit the wood when doing that, then corrected it up again
- set 0 to exact top of the wood
- started job
- job started appx 1 mm over the top of the wood, so i stopped the job
- Now the issue:
- tried to calibrate the NOMAD again via Carbide Motion
- Homing finishes, tool measuring finishes
- now i want to move the spindle via arrow key to the right, and the Nomad starts moving DOWN on the Z axis instead, and keeps moving and moving. clicking anything (like other directional buttons) in Carbide motion does not stop it from moving down on Z. The buttons get pushed in though when i click them. So i stop the NOMAD via its power switch.
This happened the second time, the first time it didnt happen right after the homing, but when i had the spindle positioned on X and Y already, when i think tried to lower the spindle on Z, it also did not stop anymore and kept going down until i had to flip the emergency off.
Any idea what can cause this? It might have to do with my error in step 2 somehow. I do not really want to repeat it just to try to see if i am right though, but maybe Rob knows what causes this, maybe a bug in the code where a buffer doesn’t get flushed?