Z axis error and GRBL error

I’ve had my Shapeoko 4 since it came out. I’ve spent atleast half the time I"ve owned it, doing research trying to figure out what is wrong with it. I have tried every idea out there trying to keep from getting Z axis errors and GRBL errors. Z just stutters and vibrates up and down and sometimes drives the tool right through my beautiful Hybrid table. I have grounded everything including my arse. I have removed so much stuff that creates static and electro magnetic energy that there is only 60% of it still in working order. I have traced all the wiring. all connectors are sound and in the correct places. I have worked on my brother in laws shapeoko 3 and he has the same issues to where he just stopped using it and now it is just taking up space in his garage. Anybody know what the blinking red light means on the control board and why would the red light on the x axis sensor not work but I still get an indication from the light on the controller board?

I don’t see any support tickets from you in the past, but if you shoot an email to support, they’ll help you debug the problem and get up and running.

2 Likes

Thanks Rob. I will do that. I have never contacted support because I have tried to resolve the issues through the forums. I guess being a do it yourself kinda guy can be a drawback sometimes. Appreciate your prompt response.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.