Z-axis upgrade : CNC4Newbie vs Beaver CNC HDZ vs tbdcnc supergrade

I do agree with this on many points. The only reason I have a CNC4Newbie z-axis is because it came with one (bought it used). It works great for what I want to do but if I had a stock Shapeoko like you do, I would save up and get the Beaver HDZ or make one. I’ll be excited when I wear through my CNC4Newbie and switch to the HDZ but until then, I love my Shapeoko as is.

P.S. Spot on with the customer service. I emailed the guy 2 months ago and still haven’t heard a response.

I have what I think was the first CNC4Newbie slider sold for Shapeoko. It was a vast improvement over stock. It has worked for me. I have only cut wood and acrylic with it. This was pre-Beaver. If I were to buy something today it would be the Beaver, for all of the reasons stated above. But I will keep the CNC4Newbie until I break it or until whatever I am doing is beyond its capabilities.

2 Likes

Me. too. I did not ever use the Z that came with the Shapeoko. In fact, I did not turn on my Shapeoko until I had the Beaver ready to go. What a dream it has been. I would have paid extra had I known it would be so perfect . . .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.