Z+ Problem--not moving

OK Ive had everything for a week. Assembly was fun and exciting. Ive started cutting a few basic things. Now Ive been requested to cut a letter. Well got it all designed, taught myself how to convert text to SVG in inkscape and started cutting. I got to the end of the first cut out in the in the letter B(1.5" thick) and the bit was not long enough to go thru. I had turned away for a minute, but it looks like it kept trying to move the Z axis down. Well now the machine will not home, and I can only move the z axis about 1" up and down. it stops about an inch from where the plate would be forced to stop, and will not raise more than an inch from there. Have I broken this thing after a week? I took the router off but I still cant see if something is broken, or if I did something to the lead screw. Help and thank you

Rick

One other thing. When it gets as high as it will go it just starts making some God aweful noises.

Please write in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work this out with you as soon as we can get someone who has access to a Z-Plus to look into this with you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.