Z stepper motor sounding like unit is jammed

After making the final cut on the profile of a cribbage board, my Z axis raised and stop short of clearing the workpiece. The stepper motor rattled like it was jammed then moved to zero and then across the workpiece to it’s home. Very disappointing, and now when I try to initialize my machine the z stepper attempts to lift and it makes a noise like it is jammed. I checked out the unit, and can’t see any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please check your Z-axis motor wiring and connectors — if you don’t find anything obvious to address, let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com and send us photos of your Z-axis motor wiring and connectors, including at the controller.

I will go check it out aget back to you.

I had an identical problem with my ZPlus. It turns out if was caused by one of the four bearings seizing because I refused to take the advice to keep them oiled and clean.

1 Like

I will check this out tyvm.

I removed and slid each bearing individually, no issues all the bearings glided on the vertical rails.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.