Zero drifting after a few passes

Had a failed project as it was shifting the plunge to the left a little at a time so I ended up with some funky duplicated drift. Anyway so I disabled the bitsetter and am planeing the piece and it’s drifting again. The picture and arrow shows where the zero ended up which is far from center where it started. Anyone deal with this before?

Check the pulleys on your stepper motors, in particular the X axis.

You want both set screws tight, one over the flat of the motor shaft. I found the pulleys difficult to rotate into the correct position, so I removed the stepper motor and worked on it off the machine. I ended up pulling the pulley off and pushing it back on in the correct orientation.

3 Likes

If it’s not the pulleys, verify the X-axis belt tension — make sure the belts are tensioned per the instructions.

1 Like

Gave them a good snug, will test it out tomorrow. Do you know how often is it recommend to change the belts? Wonder if I’m drawing near that time. Thanks for the assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.