Zero is off unknown why help

Glad to hear it was sorted out, now indeed contact support@carbide3d.com to sort out the drag chain situation. I’m not up to date on latest assembly instructions on larger machines so I don’t want to steer you in the wrong direction, but the kit should allow you to attach drag chains such that they don’t get in the way. And then for extra tidyness folks have come with a number of custom guides/rails/supports for drag chains that you can check out on the forum for inspiration.

1 Like

@mattlo97 That’s good news. I resorted to drilling and tapping two holes to mount the loose end of the drag chains. The provided tape really was not up to the task for very long.

For the X axis I needed to shim the bracket out a very precise amount (1 washer and one jam nut) to keep the drag chain parallel to the X axis. This keep it from falling off the back of the axis. Some have added plates or brackets to provide more width to support the drag chain. I haven’t seen the need once the bracket was aligned properly. My machine is an XXL from May 2019 with one of the last Blue HDZ units.

With the drag chains running straight and both ends secure you don’t need to think about them any more.

4 Likes

Thanks again guys i appreciate your time and help !

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.