Add Speeds for Makita 0701 to Speed Chart

This Speed and Feed Chart had the settings for the Dewalt 611 router but not the Makita 0701,
I added a column for the Makita 0701 and also the standard settings for both routers at the bottom.

I did a few of the conversions in the Makita column. Ill repost when i get time to do the rest

Dewalt 611
Dial # 1 2 3 4 5 6
RPM 16k 18.2K 20.4K 22.6K 24.8k 27K

Makita 0701
Dial # 1 2 3 4 5 6
RPM 10k 12K 17K 22K 27k 30K

<a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f29fb9632f838d80b6751f327628d3f3cad0b728.pdf">Shapeoko Feeds And Speeds Chart.pdf</a> (6.2 KB)
1 Like

Shapeoko Feeds And Speeds Chart.pdf (6.2 KB)

Sorry for some reason the file didnt attach
If someone has a tachometer it would be easier to recalculate the spindle speeds for the Makits

1 Like

The community has some notes on this at:

https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Materials#Router_Speed_Chart

I’ll try to add / correlate your numbers — if you’d like to edit the wiki directly, send me a PM with your e-mail address for an account.

What diameter tool is used?.

1 Like

Ok, so here’s the conversion chart from Dewalt to Makita. You can plug these numbers into the speed chart in column E as needed. These are calculated not actual RPM readings but they should be pretty close. I included all Dewalt and Makita speed settings from 1 to 6 on the dial in 10% increments.

I tired some of these settings for 1/8 and 1/4 flat cutters on both PVC and MDF and they worked fine along with the DOC, Feed Rate, and Plunge and they worked fine.

Shapeoko Feeds And Speeds Chart - Revised.pdf (16.3 KB)

I’m curious what formula you used in Excel to get the values. I wanted to be able to get exact speeds based on each .25 dial turn (since thats the increments marked on the Makita dial) so I did some interpolation and came up with my own formula a while back in a spreadsheet. I never published it because I wasn’t sure how correct they are. My values closely match yours throughout your table but diverge slightly above dial setting 4 or so.

For any given input value X (where that is the desired RPM you want to achieve) I used the following Excel formula to get a dial setting:
=CEILING((0.0002323*X)-1.115, 0.25)

All the CEILING command does is take a value and round it to the nearest 0.25 value. If I remember right I used a basic linear fit formula based on the known values for each whole number dial setting to get the formula overall. Since its a simple mx+b linear formula it may not be a best fit model.

I didnt use a formula. I pretty much did it manually. Here’s how i did it.

1. I wrote down the published speed settings for both the Dewalt and the Makita for 1 thru 6
    Example: Makita 1 = 10k 2 = 12k etc
    Then I subtracted 1 from 2 which gives me 2k
    Then I divided 2k by 10 which gives me 200
    Then add 200 to value 1 (10k) which gives me the speed of 10.2 for setting 1.1
    Do that again till i get to 2.0 and start over again

Since the speeds are not quite linear between the different dial settings i recalculated between each of the speed dial settings.

e mail me and i will send you the spreadsheet if you want
lrb@lljbaric.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.