Am I the only Italian Shapeoko Owner? :)

Hi Jerry,
No sorry, never seen in person, but its cutting area seems too small for my needs. It’s interesting though

Max.

1 Like

Thanks Max,
I have the Nomad. I don’t need the cutting area of a Shapeoko, but rigidity and spindle power. The Nomad is rigid, but fairly weak. I think you would do well with a S03.
Jerry

Sorry. It seems you already own one.

1 Like

Yep! It’s a good machine, but I still have to find a way to lower tolerances, there’s a lot of threads where to search :). I think it’s bigger limit is the high spindle RPMs and maybe the belt transmission, I think that the elasticity could be an issue to get repetitive results, especially on aluminium works…
Max.

Personally, I think the best place to start would be with the threaded aluminum table. It would help with rigidity and keeping everything nice and square. Having all of those spots to attach vises etc., wouldn’t hurt either!
Jerry

1 Like

I totally agree! In fact, a threaded table was the first thing I’ve made, not in aluminum for the moment, but I used another MDF board and T-nuts from the bottom of the board. I’m quite happy with the result. About the vise: due to the higher costs (shipping, import taxes…) I bought one here in italy, not enough big as I wish, but I’ve seen that makerdreams guys sell one very interesting.

Max.

1 Like

I am Italian, Presente!

-Ivan Pedruzzi

1 Like

Ciao Ivan, ben trovato! Di dove sei?
Max

Sono di Genova ma vivo a Boston da 20 anni

1 Like