Those are some good feature requests that I would like as well. Some other features that would be nice:
In the JOB SETUP mode:
1) Grid options:
- As an option it would be nice if the X, Y Grid could auto size to the width, height that you pick for the project. As an example set the project to 103mm by 103mm and you will find the grid is not proportional. The problem with this is that the "Snap to Grid" is not usable at this point due to the grid not being symmetrical.
- As an option be able to set the grid slices. ie. 3 slices per inch, 1 per 2mm, etc.
2) Remember the defaults. ie. I do NOT have a "Shapeoko 3", like mm instead of inches, working with "acrylic-plastic" more times than not but CC always reverts back to the defaults.
In the DESIGN mode:
1) When working with point "edit mode", it would be nice to see an X, Y for each POINT so you can match other points to the same X or Y. Instead you only see the X, Y for the entire blob of points.
2) When zoomed in, it would be nice to have scroll bars so you do not have to zoom out/reset view then zoom into another point. I find I waste a lot of time zooming in/out/in/out to try to get to a portion that is off the screen.
3) There is no way to simply draw a line (two points) as a cut. It disappears immediately.
4) In Photoshop you can press and hold the "Shift" key and drag a point up/down or left/right and it will keep the point steady. ie. if you move a point in the X direction, the Y will stay firm and not drift up/down. This would be nice in Carbide Create as I find I have to constantly zoom in just to see if a point is lined up with another point.
5) Copy an existing object and paste it down elsewhere. This way you do not need to enter all of the dimensions for a similar hole, box, etc. (Mentioned above by "dorf online")
6) If I click the "bottom-right" point of a box in the "MOVE" section, it would be nice if it stayed there until I change it to another point such as the center. Perhaps I am not understanding the box mentality and am using this wrong.
In the TOOLPATH mode:
1) If you start out making changes to your depth, inner, etc, and then pick another drill bit tool, it resets depth, inner, etc. I waste a lot of time not realizing that everything was reset.
2) The "Tool" should default to the last set tool, speed, feedrate, etc. It is more safe to assume that the same tool and settings are to be used for the next hole, box, etc being drilled than defaulting back to the defaults.
3) Under the "Tool" the "Set speeds automatically" keeps getting turned back on with a speed of .0001. When I don't catch this the simulation can go on over 10 hours if I let it. Even cancelling takes just as long as letting the process complete on its own.
4) "Max Depth" keeps getting set to values that are larger than the entire project. Not sure where they are coming from.