Carnide Motion -Stops all the time

Hi,

I have had plenty of problems with Carbide Motion. If someone can help, I would appreciate the advice.
Here is a list:

Problems:

Problem 1: The program quits almost every time I use it. A screen pops up and reads “Cutter not Responding”. Another message pops up often stating “Missing Port”. This usually happens anytime between 15% -99% of cutting job. It randomly stops pretty much all the time, why doe this happen?
{N.B The frustrating part is that I can’t re-start it from the last point because it pretty much doesn’t have any memory after it quits.}

Problem 2: Pop-up Message now reads “Machine Parameter invalid” which makes no sense as the cutter is within the cutting parameters.

Problem 3: The file on carbide doesn’t exist, it completely vanishes, see image. For this, the cut was at around 20% of completion. The settings don’t even allowing me to even pause, quit, jog or do anything else. HELP!!!

IMG_20180127_153206|666x500.

Hard to tell from your description if this is a software crash, hardware fault, loose cable, or something else.

I’d suggest starting with the EMI recommendations: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Electronics#Recommendations and working from there.

1 Like

Thanks @WillAdams

My newest problem is that the file disappears half-way through. The picture shows that the program just goes blank.

I know the usb/ cables are sensitive but sometimes when everything looks right the program just crashes.

Which version of Carbide Motion are you using?

If CM4, please report this to beta@carbide3d.com and then revert to CM3:

Conversely, if using CM3, report it to support@carbide3d.com and please try updating to CM4:

I will find out once I head to the makers-space this week. I’ll let you know in the next few days.

Random thought: I chased my tail for a few days on why I was getting all these disconnects from GRBL (using both CM and grblpanel). Turns out, drumroll… Loose USB port on my laptop! Switched to another, all issues gone.

2 Likes

highly possible! @Adam_Xett

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.