Check firmware version?

I got my machine in March 2023, but noticed there was a firmware update in Jan 2023. Is there any easy way to check that I have the latest? I ask because after putting the VFD on, I can see a delay in some of the movements that didn’t seem to be there before the VFD. I did update Carbide Motion when I installed the VFD, so it could be that instead. Figured I’d ask if there was an easy way just to verify that I don’t need the firmware update from Jan 2023.

Carbide Motion does say it is running GRBL 1.1h

How to flash (install) Grbl 1.1 onto an Arduino Uno, Nano, or Mega | Circuitist.com.

1.1 is the latest

1 Like

One of the not too distant past CM updates seems to have introduced a 3-5 second delay pretty much anytime the gantry moved while not cutting or jogging manually. I do believe that the latest updates have changed that behavior and reduced other delays. I have not loaded it yet but hear good things.

Trying to remember back, I think the firmware update we did was to fix a connection problem, and I think it was prior to March 2023. You should have the latest.

1 Like