Help! The folks at Carbide are unresponsive and so is the machine. I bought a SO3 and received it with a little IOU note that says “we’re going to send your controller board next week”, which would have been nice to know at ordering time. After receiving the board today, it still doesn’t work. All signs point to a bad board, but I’m hoping someone on the community can point me to a work around or some more in-depth troubleshooting.
I get a GRBL error in Carbide Motion (V4):
I believe this is due to the USB not registering in the device manager. I would post a pic but apparently new users can only post one pic so you will have to believe me. About this Mac > System Report > USB shows only my wireless mouse and the bluetooth port.
Here is what I’ve tried:
- Careful following of ordering per http://docs.carbide3d.com/software-faq/can-t-connect-to-machine-or-jog/
- All troubleshooting steps recommended including restart, reset PRAM, reset SMC
- Reinstall CM4 AND rollback to CM3
- Known good USB cable
- Pushing the reset button on the controller
- Alternate USB ports (known good ports that work fine with other devices including Arduino’s)
When I power on, the blue power light is lit and stepper controllers start and hold position. There are no lights at any time on TX or RX, including when I plug/unplug the USB cable. I am doing this all with the spindle off, of course.
Machine is an Intel i5 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.13. Shapeoko is brand new and has never run.