My engravings have been terribly ugly recently. As you can seeing the pictures, the corners of the “D” went deeper as it went Z+. Also the right leg of the “A” and top, those are supposed to all me straight lines. The “Q” is messed up as well. These are just examples, the whole carve is like this.
I wondered it was flex because I was removing too much in one pass, but removing the last little bit with another pass doesn’t help. I’ve messed with everything and theres no noticeable flex anywhere. I had to tighten the set screws on the gears of the y-axis because I found there was play, so I checked the z-axis but its great. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no actual info on belt tightness, just discussion about some expensive belt tension meter. But I tightened the z belt, that didn’t help.
By my observations, I would say its a problem with Z-axis, like something is loose and when theres a direction change, there’s play, but all is tight with no play.
I’m using Fusion 360 CAM