Coworker asked me to make a “W” with a fall theme as a decoration for her daughter’s wedding. Wanted the biggest letter I could make out of a single piece of wood.
- 1x12 clear pine
- uncountable number of hours digitizing leaves and editing vectors
- 4 surfacing passes plus 16 other tool paths
- 1/4" endmill, 1/16" endmill, 1/16" tapered ball nose, and a 1/4"-90deg v-bit
- Three pieces glued together with alignment dowels
- Finished with grey stain, then sanded to make the leaves pop, laser etched logo on the back and hand rubbed poly