Fusion- What is the relation between heights and Z0?

Suppose I have a model that starts 1mm below the stock height. If I face 1mm from the stock, then change tools, where do I set Z0? Should it be at the stock surface, or the newly faced surface? If I set Top Height as the Model Top, do I continue to set Z0 at the surface of the stock after each tool change, or should I set Z0 on the faced surface, which corresponds to the model top?

I’m having pockets turn out short, and bottom contours not cutting through, some I’m trying to figure out the proper combination of Top Height setting and Z0 touch point.

If you put a 1m offset on top of the stock then set the zero as stock hight then the program needs to have a face cleaning program added to it to shave the 1mm off the top of the stock.

I usually set 0 off set and position the mill bit on the top of the stock, unless I need to level it or make it thinner.

If you did it all as one program, the Z0 must be consistent - which means the top of the stock that potentially isn’t there any more. When you generate the program, there are usually options for where to put zero, at the bottom of the stock, the top, or somewhere in between. This is one of the cases where bottom of the stock as zero is more helpful.

Disclaimer as I have never run F360 CAM operations, but zero is zero, and your CNC controller and machine calibration are where i’d start looking (unless you’ve performed that validation).