GRBL Error: Serial Port: ResourceError and Loss of Zero

Hi all,

I was receiving GRBL Error: Serial Port: Device Not Found Error quite a bit but then I taped by USB cable to my laptop and it seems to be fine.

Now I’m receiving GRBL Error: Serial Port: ResourceError toward the latter end of my job and I’m not sure what to do.

Furthermore, every time there is a serial port error I lose my zeros in Carbide Motion which is not good. Is there any way to store the zeros so I don’t keep losing them?

Thank you for your help.

The zero set by Carbide Motion after homing should be persistent.

Losing connection towards the end of a job is usually EMI: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Electronics#Recommendations

If that doesn’t help, let us know at support@carbide3d.com (mention that you’ve seen the wiki link and note what you’ve tried thus far) and we’ll work it out somehow.

William

Also, oddly enough, at the end of a job I’m getting both getting GRBL Error: Serial Port: Not Open Error and GRBL Error: Serial Port: Unknown Error.

I’ll check out the EMI recommendation thank you.

Yeah and zero never persists - not when I get a serial error and not after I turn the machine off. So something is very wrong there. I will follow up with support@carbide3d.com