Inaccurate distances

Holes are: (some 177.2mm and some are 177.8mm)

Why?

1 Like

The small holes are based off of Will’s drawing. I thought it was odd that the right hand column were not aligned to the others, (I plan to measure the threaded baseplate to see where they should be but I haven’t got to cutting those yet). I have only tried cutting the large holes that are 277.8mm (or 7") apart. Once I can cut those accurately, I’ll move on to the others.

My apologies then — it’s either an error on my part, or some incorrect translation from PDF to SVG to Carbide Create. Missed that it was my file you were using.

Obviously as a penance I have to re-create this thing in Carbide Create and do it accurately.

You did grab the files from:

No problem, It was a while ago I downloaded it, but I think that is the file I used. Once I have it working I’ll post a corrected fusion 360 version and an SVG in a separate post.

Paul,

OK I will disregard the 177.2 holes. Can you send me the latest GCode file for this Fusion 360 model?

PS It’s odd that the CAM side was empty (No work).

The original is here:

and I’ve update my post with a new version w/ drawn in bolt holes, rather than leaving the polylines from the tablet.pdf file in place.

Hi Rich, here is a simplified version (just the wasteboard dimensions and the large pockets)

and the g-code and fusion file

nomad cornerHoles v3.zip (98.7 KB)

Thanks once again

Update in case anyone runs into the same problem. The problem was solved by calibrating the steps per mm via the MDI (consult Carbide support for help with this).

1 Like