I've been busy.. ship build

The base was also made on the nomad pro, using 200x200 birchply and using solidworks to cut a cavity out of the keel snout fits perfectly first time.

My next post I will hopefully make a little vid of the nomad cutting a frame to keep it from being just a ship build using the nomad:-)

2 Likes

sorry Iā€™ve been quiet, with working through the pandemic, messing with Blue Foam on the NomadPro etcā€¦ sneak peak I hope to god this machines well!

8 Likes

Maybe the longest running single project on the community at this point! Always enjoy seeing the incremental updates as time goes on! Keep going - Itā€™ll be a beauty!

4 Likes

Maybe I should have done side B first, so far so goodā€¦

7 Likes

Thanks Phil Iā€™m hoping to get all the frames installed in the next few weeks

Iā€™ve got a problem with a toolpath its not completing side B?

61_B_2.nc (2.2 MB)

Iā€™ve done nothing different to what I usually do? Using Meshcam V6 Build 27
As you can see below its missing half the toolpath.

Still going nearly done all the frames, but Iā€™m still struggling with one frame in the above post and need to rethink the tool path for the stern decoration. Hope you are all well.

Tim

13 Likes

#WhenYouRealizeTimStartedThisProjectInMarch2016 oO
Simply awesomeā€¦I am beyond impressed.

9 Likes

Thanks @Julien, I would have been quicker if life hadnā€™t got in the way or I had two nomads haha.

Maybe i should have done a simple project on the nomad, itā€™s been a steep learning curve but fun. I will post more nomad pics when i do another frame at weekend.

Thanks for all your support so far.

Tim

4 Likes

That is so awesome!!

I was never any good putting plastic models together, not enough patience and glue everywhere lol.
And I wasnā€™t any good at painting.

And using a Nomad to do such fine detail work very cool!

Jeffery

2 Likes

@JefferyS I am very impressed with the Nomad Pro, how it can handle fine detail in wood but I have also got some good detail in blue foam (another project on hold).

Thanks again Tim

1 Like

Not much of an update at min just doing little pieces on the nomad like gun ports.

Iā€™m struggling to get the stern right on the nomad it keeps snapping.

4 Likes

Y motor is currently dead noooo

Iā€™ve heard one piano tuner say that piano tuners were some of the most pig headed people he had ever known. Now ship modelersā€¦

I guess we are not the only ones. Youā€™ll hear people passing on partially restored cars (sometimes just a rusted frame and some random parts in cardboard boxes) that they are unable to complete. Maybe ā€œoptimistā€ is the right word. Ship modelers are optimists.

1 Like

Bummer! But I suspect the Carbide folks will help getting this resolved quickly as they always do.
Iā€™m looking forward to seeing some pictures of the little pieces, like gun ports.

2 Likes

Back
up and running, I canā€™t thank you Carbide3d Support team enough and everyone on the fourm that offered help and advice!

Time to finish this model

12 Likes

Nailed it, this part has been causing me so many issues on the 3rd attempt and running the nomad 0.6mm above the stock. To make sure the peice didnā€™t get wrecked!

10 Likes

Nearly all the gunports done

There appears to be a shortage of swiss pear in the size i want in the uk. I might call this project done soon as i want to machine other stuff.

8 Likes

Finally got my machine working again with the original card and grbl 1. So will carry out more updates over the next few months.

Support have stopped responding to my emails re the new card and probe issue?

1 Like

Let me know your e-mail and weā€™ll check and see if something fell through the cracks.

1 Like