Loctite on fasteners?

Just got notified my 5 Pro 2x4 will arrive tomorrow. Wondered if there are any screws/fasteners that are prone to loosening and might benefit from some Loctite Blue. Any other setup tips that might not be in the videos etc?

Thanks
Mike

If you use any anti vibration products like Locktite be sure to use the removeable. The permanent requires heat to loosen it and fire and Shapeoko do not mix well. There have been reports here on the forum that some belts/screws have worked loose or even been loose at the completion of assembly. It would be advisable to check the tightness of any screws/bolts before trying to initialize.

4 Likes

I have a schedule to check the fasteners on my machine every three weeks. Only found a few fasteners that needed attention over 3 years. Lucky I found them before issues happened.

1 Like

Yes, I learned the difference between blue and red loctite the hard way many years ago. I think I’ll just check fasteners periodically and if I find any prone to loosening, maybe use some threadlock then,

My 5 Pro arrived today. I live on a corner and my garage is in the back. I had left instructions for the UPS driver to come to the side of my house where I would be working in the garage/shop. Instead I looked out on the front porch and found he had just dropped everything there. I have a decent dolly and managed to manhandle everything to my garage,

Hopefully I’ll get everything assembled tomorrow,

Thanks for the advice

Mike

1 Like

That course has worked well for me for my Shapeoko’s since 2015.

1 Like