Meshcam question

Hi I am really new to meshcam and for some reason whenever I import a 3d model it wants to cut out the edges.

How do I turn this off so that it only cuts the face of my model and not the outline on the very edges.

Here is an image of the tool path its generating for me.

If you are saying what I think you are saying, when generating the toolpath in MeshCAM, under “Global Parameters” in the top left corner change “Machine whole stock” to “Machine Geometry only” OR when setting up, use the “Set Machining Region” icon and select the area within which you want to machine.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Set machine region was what I was looking for! Thanks!

Another question, when i use the carbide auto tool path why doesn’t it give me the option to use a different cnc bit for the roughing vs finishing tool paths? Am I missing something?

Afraid I can’t help you with that one - the way the auto tool path works is a bit of a mystery to me and I suspect it tries to keep everything as simple as possible for the user - meaning not much in the way of options. I manually set up the toolpath parameters in MeshCAM.

When setting up the toolpaths you should be offered an option to choose different tools for them.

Which version of MeshCAM are you using?