Little project update. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that I’d be designing and making brackets for headlight projector upgrades. These are for Veloster Turbo headlights.
The first is for removing the factory projector and clipping in a Morimoto MD2S 4.0 projector and the second is for removing the high beam reflector and replacing it with a projector. These brackets ensure proper alignment out of the box and let’s the customer still retain OEM adjustability.
Low beam bracket-
High beam bracket-
Plan is to make quite a bit of these brackets so took some time this weekend to prepare for that.
Wasteboard was re-leveled-
I finally got around to finishing my WD40 drip can setup as seen in a photo above.
I made a “finishing jig” for the brackets. Lay them in, sand them smooth with a sanding block, and then polish them up. Makes the job much easier than holding each individual bracket!
I also intend to anodize these as well to make them a premium product. Spent the day experimenting with that with great success actually. Below was just a test of a keychain logo I had cut out a while back anodized black. Very pleased with the results!